Birthday HOOT!

The current challenge at Catch the Bug is to create a card with a Different Fold.  I decided to go with a birthday card for this challenge.  I wasn't really sure how I was going to go about creating this card.  Took a bit of thinking on my end, but here is what I came up with.
Front of the card.

One side open.

Both sides open.
I just purchased the Spellbinders nestabilities Labels One yesterday, and I wanted to try incorporating the die cuts into my design. So, first I created a card that is 4-1/4" x 4" in peach.  Then I took burgundy cardstock, folded it in half and used the largest die cut to create another card.  I adhered one side of the die cut card to the inside of the peach card I created.  I then used the next size down die to cut out the BIRDGR bday hoot sentiment from Bugaboo, and adhered it to the inside of the die cut card.  I cut another sheet of white paper with the same die and adhered it to the other side of the die cut card for adding that extra little birthday wish.  Next was to color BIRDGR Bday hoot from Bugaboo with my copic markers.  I fussy cut this guy out, and put him on the side.  I then added PP from the DCWV Pet Stack on the left flap, and used my EKS Photo Label punch to punch out another HOOT and placed it on top of the PP.  Final step was to combine the PP with the peach cardstock to create the background for Mr. Owl, and then added a Rhinestone Sticker from Recollections to the top of the party hat.

The BIRDGR Bday hoot and sentiment digi stamps were purchased from Bugaboo Stamps, and you can find them HERE.

So, how do you think my Different Fold turn out?

Here's to hoping that my design provided you with the inspiration needed to go forth and create.

Comments

Rae Anne said…
Ruza, that is just too darn clever! What a great idea for a different kind of fold! You're whole card is just a "hoot". . .;) Thanks so much for participating in Catch the Bug’s A Different Kind of Fold challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! :D MWAH!
Stephanie said…
Oh this is too cute, I love that owl. Thanks for playing at Catch the Bug!