Paper Piecing for Unity & Moxie Fab World

While creating my card for the Unity Hip Hop Sketch Challenge #45 in the Unity Challenges forum of Split Coast Stampers I did some paper piercing.  I was inspired to paper pierce this lovely Bowl of Cherries by the Paper Piecing Challenge in the Moxie Fab World as part of the Stamp It Techniques challenges.

For the paper piecing I stamped the Bowl of Cherries on the base (pink oval), and some Bazzill scraps I had laying around with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I used my Fiskars scissors and Fingertip Blade to fussy cut the bowl and cherries separately.  Using my Quickie Glue Pen I layered the bowl over the base stamp, then added the cherries, and used my Copic R39 (garnet) to go over the cherry stems on the base.  I chose solid colors for the bowl and cherries due to the PP used throughout the rest of the design.

Products used ...
 - Stamp:   Unity Itty Bitty Sweet as a Bowl of Cherries set
 - Paper:  Tan Blank Card, 2 different PP from DCWV The Dots, Strips & Plaids Matstack, and Bazzill scraps
 - Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, and Copic Marker R39 (Garnet)
 - Tools:  Creative Memories Cutting System - Oval, Scissors, Fiskars Fingertip Blade, Quickie Glue Pen, and ATG

This was my 3rd attempt with this stamp and design.  I created 3 different cards, and this one stood out the most.  The other color combinations just didn't look right.

Here’s to hoping that my interpretation of the sketch provides you with some inspiration to go forth and create!

Comments

Hey Ruza! Thanks for entering the Paper Piecing Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the stampy fun! :)