Back to School Gift ...

Good morning! It's Monday and I have a NEW Love to Create Challenge to share with you this week.


We have a NEW Sponsor this week ... Simply Betty Stamps
Offering a $10.00 Gift Certificate!


I chose to work with this lovely girl called Teacher's Pet Betty Limited Digi. After coloring this lovely girl, I cut her out and put her on the side.

I decided to alter a standard Composition Book for my nieces birthday. I picked up two (2) 8-1/4" x 10" Decorative Duck Tape, which I applied to the front and back of the book. I pulled out an old set of stencils to make the school house, and then decorated it will SRM Border Stickers and old Creative Memories Stickers. ScorTape Sheets were used to adhere the house and Teacher's Pet Betty Limited Digi to the decorated book.

The cover needed something else so I added a fence, and the school year with Thicker numbers to the cover.

I recently saw instructions on how to add Elastic to books so I picked up some 3/8" Lightweight Clear Elastic and 3/16" Eyelets, and used my Crop-A-Dile to attach the Elastic to the book.

My nieces birthday was early this month, and she totally fell in LOVE with the book. First words our of her mouth was Duct Tape! LOL!

How about a closer look at Teacher's Pet Betty Limited Digi ...
Copic Markers: E000, E21, E11, E00, R20, E35, E37, BV20, BV23,
R27, R29, R39, R59, B00, B02, B04, B06, B28, E97, E99, E39, E59

The rest of the designers created some truly amazing projects this week so make sure you hop on over to the Love to Create Blog to check them out, and then I hope you share your Back to School Projects with us!

Until next time ... Enjoy!

Ruza

Products not listed above that were used ...
 - Paper: Neenah Solar White 80#
 - Stamps: peace stamp I picked up from Michael's 
 - Ink: Copic Markers, Memento Tuxedo Black
 - Other: Memory Box Rounded Fence Die, Xyron Sticker Maker

Comments

Regan said…
Ruza, this is adorable!!! Who knew Duct Tape could be so pretty?! What a fabulous (and useful) handmade gift!
{hugs}
Regan