Great Impressions Challenge ~ Hello Summer ...


Good morning! It's time for a New Monthly Challenge over at the Great Impressions Blog. This months Challenge is Anything Goes, and there is an awesome Great Impressions Stamps Prize for the Winner (shown above).

Since we are celebrating the 4th of July here in the US this weekend, I created a Patriotic card featuring the Dog Wearing Sunglasses and Hello Summer Sentiment.


I stamped the Dog Wearing Sunglasses with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, masked him off, and then used my Copic Air Brush System to create the starbursts in the background along with the grass below him. Once done, I added the Hello Summer Sentiment below the grass. I then colored the spots of the dog and his sunglasses with my Copic Markers, and added more of the green underneath the dog. It doesn't really look like grass, but I love the look.

I pulled out some very tiny star rhinestones from my stash, colored them with a Copic R46 Marker, and then adhered them to the dog's sunglasses. The final step was to add some rhinestones to the center of the starbursts.

If you haven't heard of Great Impressions Stamps make sure you hop on over to the Store to check them out. There are so many AWESOME stamps to play with, and all of the Accessories you need to create your projects with!!! I hope you'll check out our Monthly Challenge, and if you use Great Impressions Stamps make sure you also link up to our Customer Gallery.







Products not listed above: 
 - Cardstock: Papertry Ink White 
 - Ink: Copic Markers B26 & R46 (starbursts), YG17 (grass), Y26 & Y28 (glasses), W4 & W6 (dog spots)




     

Comments

Lillian A said…
This is adorable and love your "bursts"!! Saw your entry on SAS4Kids and if this is being donated there, it's going to a great cause and will surely cheer up a child!!
Maria said…
Awe, what a super cute summer card! Love that cute dog and the colors! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.
Tammy said…
This is adorable Ruza, I love that sweet pup and your fabulous fireworks! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.
Tammy x
Pat said…
Lovely card, great image, thanks for sharing at Alphabet Challenge.

Pat xx
Nancy said…
Super job with our Summer word week at just Us Girls! That cute pup looks ready for summer for sure!! Love your background too! Thanks for playing and I hope to see you again soon!
Darlene said…
What a clever background idea ... ADORABLE creation! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘CREATE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Mandy said…
Gorgeous card Ruza! The image is so cute and I love the background you've created.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx
Vickie Y said…
Adorable! hank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters
Glittered Paws said…
Awww...I just got this stamp last week at my local scrapbook store. What a fun card. It is on my desk to use this week.