Enjoy the little things ...

Good morning! It's the first of the month, and that means a New Challenge over at the House of Cards starts today. This month we have a Theme/Color Challenge for you ... use Birds and/or the Colors in our Inspiration Photo to create your project this month. 


I wanted to go with the Birds for my card today, and I couldn't believe how hard it was to find bird stamps in my extensive collection of stamps.


I chose the Darcies Little Things (POL27). It's an older set that I've always loved, and don't use enough. I went with Black and White for my colors because I love the boldness, especially how the stamps just pops off the card.

I started off by stamping the branch, added the bird and a couple of leaves. Then I stamped the sentiment on a strip of cardstock, cut it out with a die along with a strip of black. Using thin 3D tape I added the sentiment to my stamped panel by wrapping it around the stamped background which I layered on black cardstock and then my cardbase.

Make sure you hop on over to the House of Cards Challenge Blog for all of the details for entering our Monthly Challenge. I can't wait to see what inspires you this month!

Challenges entered ...
 - Addicted to CAS Challenge #95 ~ Silhouette
 - Addicted to Stamps & More Challenge #209 ~ CAS
 - Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #309 ~ Clean & Simple

Until Next time ... Enjoy!










   

  

Comments

Deepti said…
Gorgeous simplicity :) looks so elegant. Thank you for sharing with ATCAS
Glittered Paws said…
Very pretty and it does make a bold statement -love black and white. Great card for this months challenge. Shirley H. Team Mate
Donna said…
Stunning card, I always like the bold elegance of a black and white card like yours! Donna HOC teammate
Mynn xx said…
Ruza, I am totally in LOVE with this beauty! I adore the way you kept it monochromatic--perfect for this gorgeous silhouette! I love the clean feel and simple matting of the sentiment, too! Stunning card, friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx
foleysfriend said…
Stunning! So bold and beautiful! Great job.

sue n.
HOC DT
cm said…
My CAS-loving heart is swooning over your beautiful black & white card! Such a striking image! Thrilled to see you in the ATSM gallery!
~c
Bobby said…
This is such a lovely clean and simple card, Ruza. Thanks for sharing it at ATSM this week.
Jane Knudsen said…
Fantastic! I love that you did the black and white - makes it a very stunning card! jane hoc teamie
This is adorable, Ruza! I love the design in the little bird! The design is flawless too!
Take Care!
Michele, HOC teamie
Susan Renshaw said…
Striking card!
Fabulous make for the House of Cards!
Susan
Teamie
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!